What is Blitz?
Build bulletproof, scalable solutions with Blitz - a simple and fun service for load testing web apps and APIs in the cloud. Blitz offers powerful yet simple capabilities including continuous monitoring, performance testing and remediation. Blitz enables you to instantly burst up to 50,000 concurrent users against your app in seconds from multiple points of presence around the world.
Blitz is a tool in the Load and Performance Testing category of a tech stack.
Who uses Blitz?
4 companies reportedly use Blitz in their tech stacks, including Development, Draft, and Testivate.
6 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Blitz.
CloudFlare, Heroku, New Relic, Red Hat OpenShift, and PagerDuty are some of the popular tools that integrate with Blitz. Here's a list of all 13 tools that integrate with Blitz.
Pros of Blitz
- Complex transactions- Whether you want to test a web page or a complex transaction , Blitz makes it easy for you to determine the number of users you can support.
- Detailed feedback- Get detailed statistics and feedback in real time, and in plain English
- Plugins- With our extension for Chrome or add-on for Firefox , just navigating to a webpage and run a performance test. Blitz takes care of the cookies, authentication and all the other underlying complexities.
- Automation- With the Ruby GEM and full integration with Continuous Integration servers like Atlassian's Bamboo CI server, automated performance testing can ensure that no code push can cause a poor experience for your users.
- Remediation- Making changes to a web page, application or API can have unintended consequences. Blitz can extract information from your monitoring solution like Google Analytics®, etc. and create a load test to verify the fix.
- Monitoring, and Remediation also available
Blitz Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Blitz?
See all alternatives
Loader.io is a free load testing service that allows you to stress test your web-apps/apis with thousands of concurrent connections.
It is open source software, a 100% pure Java application designed to load test functional behavior and measure performance. It was originally designed for testing Web Applications but has since expanded to other test functions.
Gatling is a highly capable load testing tool. It is designed for ease of use, maintainability and high performance. Out of the box, Gatling comes with excellent support of the HTTP protocol that makes it a tool of choice for load testing any HTTP server. As the core engine is actually protocol agnostic, it is perfectly possible to implement support for other protocols. For example, Gatling currently also ships JMS support.
Locust is an easy-to-use, distributed, user load testing tool. Intended for load testing web sites (or other systems) and figuring out how many concurrent users a system can handle.