What is Codebox?
FriendCode was created in 2013 with the vision of creating powerful development tools, tackling issues like collaboration, cloud development and many others. We are building Codebox, an open source Cloud IDE, than can run not only on the cloud, but on your desktop or your server as well. Codebox.io lets you host and manage Codebox instances online as a service using a dashboard or an API.
Codebox is a tool in the Cloud IDE category of a tech stack.
Who uses Codebox?
8 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Codebox.
Why developers like Codebox?
Here’s a list of reasons why companies and developers use Codebox
- Unlimited private repositories.- Create a repository and import your code from any existing cloud filesystem.
- Go Social.- Collaborate, chat, share with friends and colleagues. Making coding social
- Build, Run, Debug.- In one click, Compile and Run your code directly on the cloud from your web interface.
- In one click, Deploy applications to any existing cloud platforms
- PaaS Deployment.- After testing, in one click transform your code in a complete running application.
- Servers Deployment.- Administer your servers and deploy your code at ease from our web administration interface.
- Fork application.- Start with good templates by forking complete running and deployable applications.
Codebox Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Codebox?
See all alternatives
Dash is an API Documentation Browser and Code Snippet Manager. Dash stores snippets of code and instantly searches offline documentation sets for 150+ APIs. You can even generate your own docsets or request docsets to be included.
Red Hat Codeready Workspaces
Built on the open Eclipse Che project, Red Hat CodeReady Workspaces provides developer workspaces, which include all the tools and the dependencies that are needed to code, build, test, run, and debug applications.
Koding is a feature rich cloud-based development environment complete with free VMs, an attractive IDE & sudo level terminal access!
A development platform that enables you to not only edit your files from underlying services like FTP, GitHub, Dropbox and the like, but on top of that gives you the ability to collaborate, embed and share through Codeanywhere on any device.