What is CodeOnline?
CodeOnline is an online IDE with a powerful and secure remote workspace. It is based on a web version of Visual Studio Code, which connects to your own private Linux workspace in the Cloud, without any restrictions.
CodeOnline is a tool in the Cloud IDE category of a tech stack.
Who uses CodeOnline?
Pros of CodeOnline
- Fully featured Visual Studio Code with hundreds of useful extensions
- Acces your workspace any device and anywhere
- User Interface that runs in your browser
- Compile and run your code remotely on powerful Cloud Compute resources and save your disk and battery usage locally
- Root access to install all the tools you need
- Docker is preinstalled
- Fast Internet speed for downloading images, packages and dependencies
CodeOnline Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to CodeOnline?
See all alternatives
Red Hat Codeready Workspaces
Built on the open Eclipse Che project, Red Hat CodeReady Workspaces provides developer workspaces, which include all the tools and the dependencies that are needed to code, build, test, run, and debug applications.
A development platform that enables you to not only edit your files from underlying services like FTP, GitHub, Dropbox and the like, but on top of that gives you the ability to collaborate, embed and share through Codeanywhere on any device.
Koding is a feature rich cloud-based development environment complete with free VMs, an attractive IDE & sudo level terminal access!
It is a social development environment for front-end designers and developers.. It functions as an online code editor and open-source learning environment, where developers can create code snippets, creatively named "pens", and test them.