What is EdgeCast?
EdgeCast is a content delivery network (CDN) that helps companies accelerate and deliver static and dynamic content to end users around the world. Major customers include Yahoo!, Tumblr, Pinterest, Wordpress, and Imgur. The company has about 4,500 customers (as of June 2012) and carries about 5% of the world’s internet traffic.
EdgeCast is a tool in the Content Delivery Network category of a tech stack.
Who uses EdgeCast?
85 companies reportedly use EdgeCast in their tech stacks, including Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Soundcloud.
8 developers on StackShare have stated that they use EdgeCast.
Why developers like EdgeCast?
Here’s a list of reasons why companies and developers use EdgeCast
Be the first to leave a pro
- Caching- From whole sites to mobile, our acceleration and delivery services will bring you to the world's digital doorstep.
- Application Delivery- Accelerate delivery of your web applications and non-static content.
- Streaming- Flash, Silverlight, or HTTP – live or on-demand, we'll deliver it better than anyone.
- Analytics- Total and immediate visibility into content performance and the user experience.
- Storage- Origin is more than just CDN storage. Security, replication, and caching infrastructures mean massive scale at ultra-fast speeds.
- Data Center- Expand your footprint by deploying hardware and applications within our optimized facilities.
- Security- Our powerful security tools protect your content and applications from unauthorized use.
- Rules Engine- This powerful new tool gives you highly granular control over how, when - and even if - your content is served.
- Edge Optimizer- Powered by Google PageSpeed, Edge Optimizer keeps your application's data and logic off of your network.
EdgeCast Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to EdgeCast?
See all alternatives
If you've ever shopped online, downloaded music, watched a web video or connected to work remotely, you've probably used Akamai's cloud platform. Akamai helps businesses connect the hyperconnected, empowering them to transform and reinvent their business online. We remove the complexities of technology, so you can focus on driving your business faster forward.
Cloudflare speeds up and protects millions of websites, APIs, SaaS services, and other properties connected to the Internet.
Through an application-aware, global content delivery network (CDN), Incapsula provides any website and web application with best-of-breed security, DDoS protection, load balancing and failover solutions.
Amazon CloudFront can be used to deliver your entire website, including dynamic, static, streaming, and interactive content using a global network of edge locations. Requests for your content are automatically routed to the nearest edge location, so content is delivered with the best possible performance.
The MaxCDN Content Delivery Network efficiently delivers your site’s static file through hundreds of servers instead of slogging through a single host. This "smart route" technology distributes your content to your visitors via the city closest to them.