Nowadays you may see Flutter is getting more popular in mobile app development world. Flutter was released in 2017, two years after its closest competitor React Native, which launched in 2015. Flutter is the most popular cross-platform mobile framework used by global developers, according to a 2021 developer survey. Based on the survey, 42 percent of software developers used Flutter. But still you cant use flutter for all of your projects. So lets talk about that,When not to use Flutter?
- Device & Platform - Wear OS version or a Smart TV app
- When your App size matters < 4MB
- Hardware Support - ( Connecting to RFID, Barcode scanners, Bluetooth Devices)
- Flutter for Web ( Though stable version is released )
- Instant Apps ( Again! Your app size matters )
- Platform Specific Look and Feel ( Material and Cupertino )
- Lack of 3rd party Integration ( Even it has 19K plugins, many are still unstable and need a to improve)
I have attached a blog ton details about the above point. Checkout the link to know more...