What is GitHub Notifier?
Under the hood, this application simply polls GitHub web endpoints (/pulls|/issues|/releases) of projects you specify, it doesn't require OAuth tokens or credentials entering into the extension.
GitHub Notifier is a tool in the Tools for GitHub category of a tech stack.
GitHub Notifier is an open source tool with 41 GitHub stars and 10 GitHub forks. Here’s a link to GitHub Notifier's open source repository on GitHub
GitHub Notifier Integrations
Why developers like GitHub Notifier?
Here’s a list of reasons why companies and developers use GitHub Notifier
Be the first to leave a pro
GitHub Notifier's Features
- Supports public and private repositories
- Desktop notifications when a new pull request is raised
- Desktop notifications when a new issue is raised
- Desktop notifications when a new release is cut
- Ability to open pull/issue/release straight from the notification
- Ability to see who raised a pull request/issue/release
- Ability to set refresh rate
- Ability to watch multiple GitHub projects
- No requirement for API/Secret Tokens
- Open Source under MIT licence
GitHub Notifier Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to GitHub Notifier?
See all alternatives
When run, this command line interface automatically generates a new GitHub Release and populates it with the changes (commits) made since the last release.
These polls work by pasting individual markdown SVG images into your issue, each wrapped with a link that tracks a vote. A single vote per IP is allowed for a given poll, which are stored in DynamoDB.
Browser extensions (Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Opera) to display GitHub code in tree format. Useful for developers who frequently read source in GitHub and do not want to download or checkout too many repositories.
DevHub helps you take back control of your GitHub workflow and stay on top of everything important going on.
Astral pulls down all of your starred repositories on GitHub and allows you to organize them using one or more tags.