Gitolite allows you to setup git hosting on a central server, with fine-grained access control and many more powerful features. Gitolite is an access control layer on top of git.
- Use a single unix user ("real" user) on the server.
- Provide access to many gitolite users: they are not "real" users, so they do not get shell access.
- Control access to many git repositories: read access controlled at the repo level, and write access controlled at the branch/tag/file/directory level, including who can rewind, create, and delete branches/tags.
- Can be installed without root access, assuming git and perl are already installed.
- Authentication is most commonly done using sshd, but you can also use "smart http" mode if you prefer (this may require root access to setup).
Build, Test, Deploy
tools that are known for: