What is Heap?
Heap automatically captures every user action in your app and lets you measure it all. Clicks, taps, swipes, form submissions, page views, and more. Track events and segment users instantly. No pushing code. No waiting for data to trickle in.
Heap is a tool in the Funnel Analysis Analytics category of a tech stack.
Who uses Heap?
473 companies reportedly use Heap in their tech stacks, including Uber, Accenture, and Salesforce.
188 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Heap.
Optimizely, Segment, Visual Website Optimizer, LogRocket, and Rudderstack are some of the popular tools that integrate with Heap. Here's a list of all 14 tools that integrate with Heap.
Pros of Heap
Automatically capture every user action
No code required
Track custom events
Define user segments
Define active users
Fun to use
Decisions about Heap
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Heap in their tech stack.
Hello, We are a medical technology company looking to integrate an in-app analytics tool. We've evaluated Mixpanel, Pendo, and Heap and are most impressed that Heap will solve our issues. We'd like to be able to determine not only clicks (con of Pendo) but also swipes and other user gestures within our app. Not sold on all three of these, can also look at other tools. We use Cordova, so hoping to find something compatible with that. Any advice?
Mar 9 2017 at 8:02AM
Jun 19 2015 at 6:37AM
- Define analytics events using a simple, point 'n' click interface. People with zero coding knowledge can start tracking events and generating important metrics instantly
- Automatically capture every user action in your iOS or web app and measure it all. Clicks, taps, swipes, form submissions, page views, and more
- All analysis is automatically retroactive, so there's no need to wait days for data to accumulate. You can rely on each report to include everything from day one.
- Define meaningful user segments in seconds, without writing code. Or pick a single user and display every single action they performed in your app.
- Define active users and plot their growth, or list users who hit the sign up page but never registered.
Heap Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Heap?
See all alternatives
Mixpanel helps companies build better products through data. With our powerful, self-serve product analytics solution, teams can easily analyze how and why people engage, convert, and retain to improve their user experience.
Google Analytics lets you measure your advertising ROI as well as track your Flash, video, and social networking sites and applications.
Amplitude provides scalable mobile analytics that helps companies leverage data to create explosive user growth. Anyone in the company can use Amplitude to pinpoint the most valuable behavioral patterns within hours.
Optimize Your Business and Get More Customers. Identify, understand, and improve the metrics that drive your online business.
Open-source product analytics for developers and product teams. PostHog helps you build better products without sharing your data with anyone. Deploy on your own infrastructure and automatically collect events, session recordings and more.