What is Hookstate?
It is a modern alternative to Redux, Mobx, Formik without boilerplate. It is simple to learn but very flexible to use. It has got impressive performance and predictable behavior.
Hookstate is a tool in the State Management Library category of a tech stack.
Hookstate is an open source tool with 1.5K GitHub stars and 97 GitHub forks. Here’s a link to Hookstate's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses Hookstate?
- Concise, pragmatic but flexible API. Very easy to learn. See Getting Started and other code samples to learn it in minutes
- Incredible performance based on unique method for tracking of used/rendered and updated state segments. Ideal solution for huge states and very frequent updates
- Small core library packed with features: global states, local states, asynchronously loaded states, partial state updates, deeply nested state updates, and a lot more
- Complete type inferrence for any complexity of structures of managed state data. Full intellisense support tested in VS Code
- Extend or customize your state hooks. There are several standard plugins available: initial state value, touched fields tracking, modified fields tracking, state validation, persistence, and a lot more
- Develop like a pro. Browser's extension to trace and set state values, to set breakpoints on state changes, to identify components using a segment of a state, and a lot more
Hookstate Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Hookstate?
See all alternatives
It helps you write applications that behave consistently, run in different environments (client, server, and native), and are easy to test. t provides a great experience, such as live code editing combined with a time traveling debugger.
Vuex is a state management pattern + library for Vue.js applications. It serves as a centralized store for all the components in an application, with rules ensuring that the state can only be mutated in a predictable fashion. It also integrates with Vue's official devtools extension to provide advanced features such as zero-config time-travel debugging and state snapshot export / import.
MobX is a battle tested library that makes state management simple and scalable by transparently applying functional reactive programming (TFRP). React and MobX together are a powerful combination. React renders the application state by providing mechanisms to translate it into a tree of renderable components. MobX provides the mechanism to store and update the application state that React then uses.
Redux Thunk middleware allows you to write action creators that return a function instead of an action. The thunk can be used to delay the dispatch of an action, or to dispatch only if a certain condition is met. The inner function receives the store methods dispatch and getState as parameters.
An alternative side effect model for Redux apps
No related comparisons found