Hutch is a Ruby library for enabling asynchronous inter-service communication in a service-oriented architecture, using RabbitMQ.
- A simple way to define consumers (queues are automatically created and bound to the exchange with the appropriate binding keys)
- An executable and CLI for running consumers (akin to rake resque:work)
- Automatic setup of the central exchange
- Sensible out-of-the-box configuration (e.g. durable messages, persistent queues, message acknowledgements)
- Management of queue subscriptions
- Rails integration
- Configurable exception handling