What is Joyent Cloud?
Joyent is the high-performance cloud infrastructure company, offering the only solution specifically built to power real-time web and mobile applications.
Joyent Cloud is a tool in the Cloud Hosting category of a tech stack.
Who uses Joyent Cloud?
6 companies reportedly use Joyent Cloud in their tech stacks, including Roundscope Engineering Labs, Nodejitsu, and Message Bus.
14 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Joyent Cloud.
Joyent Cloud Integrations
New Relic, Vagrant, Twilio SendGrid, CircleCI, and MongoLab are some of the popular tools that integrate with Joyent Cloud. Here's a list of all 12 tools that integrate with Joyent Cloud.
Why developers like Joyent Cloud?
Here’s a list of reasons why companies and developers use Joyent Cloud
Joyent Cloud's Features
- Joyent offers exclusive debugging and performance analysis tools for Node.js applications.
- High-performance machines- Joyent Cloud uses fresh Nehalem/Westmere processors and 15k RPM HDs in our data centers. I/O throttling ensures that “noisy neighbors” won’t cause your application to perform poorly.
- Dynamic CPU scaling- Dynamic, real-time CPU scaling. Vertical bursting CPU capacity without user intervention or additional fees.
- Hadoop- Joyent's big data servers for Hadoop offer bare-metal performance allowing you to run nearly 3x faster or at 1/3 the cost of other cloud offerings.
- Copy-on-write file system- Copy-on-write file system architected on ZFS. Resiliency for the entire application stack, data integrity checks (for Linux, Windows and SmartOS).
- Runs Linux, SmartOS, and Windows
- Pre-defined database packages and appliances- Optimized machines for CouchDB, Hadoop, MongoDB, MySQL, Oracle, PostgrSQL and Riak. Integration with leading database-as-a-service offerings from MongoLabs.
- Real-time analytics and visualization- Cloud analytics provides visualization of the entire system landscape. Point-and-click root cause analysis.
- Secure Zones and Data Centers- Zones provide steel-wall security to prevent other tenants from accessing or impacting your VM.
- API and integration- True REST APIs, includes SSH insertion for M2M or secure management and “live key” rotation for easier management across multiple VMs.
- Broad Eco-system of partners- Complete library of images, tools and application add-ons available.
- Self-service provisioning- Be up and running in seconds. Add new capacity at a click of a button.
- Networking, Bandwidth and SLAs- All Tier-1 ISPs, 10gbs/40gbs fully-meshed network. 20TB per month as part of service. SLAs have exceeded 99.9999% targets for compute, network and connectivity uptime for entire history of the services.
Joyent Cloud Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Joyent Cloud?
See all alternatives
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) is a web service that provides resizable compute capacity in the cloud. It is designed to make web-scale computing easier for developers.
Azure is an open and flexible cloud platform that enables you to quickly build, deploy and manage applications across a global network of Microsoft-managed datacenters. You can build applications using any language, tool or framework. And you can integrate your public cloud applications with your existing IT environment.
We take the complexities out of cloud hosting by offering blazing fast, on-demand SSD cloud servers, straightforward pricing, a simple API, and an easy-to-use control panel.
Google Compute Engine
Google Compute Engine is a service that provides virtual machines that run on Google infrastructure. Google Compute Engine offers scale, performance, and value that allows you to easily launch large compute clusters on Google's infrastructure. There are no upfront investments and you can run up to thousands of virtual CPUs on a system that has been designed from the ground up to be fast, and to offer strong consistency of performance.
Get a server running in minutes with your choice of Linux distro, resources, and node location.