Why people like
Joyent is the high-performance cloud infrastructure company, offering the only solution specifically built to power real-time web and mobile applications.
- Joyent offers exclusive debugging and performance analysis tools for Node.js applications.
- High-performance machines- Joyent Cloud uses fresh Nehalem/Westmere processors and 15k RPM HDs in our data centers. I/O throttling ensures that “noisy neighbors” won’t cause your application to perform poorly.
- Dynamic CPU scaling- Dynamic, real-time CPU scaling. Vertical bursting CPU capacity without user intervention or additional fees.
- Hadoop- Joyent's big data servers for Hadoop offer bare-metal performance allowing you to run nearly 3x faster or at 1/3 the cost of other cloud offerings.
- Copy-on-write file system- Copy-on-write file system architected on ZFS. Resiliency for the entire application stack, data integrity checks (for Linux, Windows and SmartOS).
- Runs Linux, SmartOS, and Windows
- Pre-defined database packages and appliances- Optimized machines for CouchDB, Hadoop, MongoDB, MySQL, Oracle, PostgrSQL and Riak. Integration with leading database-as-a-service offerings from MongoLabs.
- Real-time analytics and visualization- Cloud analytics provides visualization of the entire system landscape. Point-and-click root cause analysis.
- Secure Zones and Data Centers- Zones provide steel-wall security to prevent other tenants from accessing or impacting your VM.
- API and integration- True REST APIs, includes SSH insertion for M2M or secure management and “live key” rotation for easier management across multiple VMs.
- Broad Eco-system of partners- Complete library of images, tools and application add-ons available.
- Self-service provisioning- Be up and running in seconds. Add new capacity at a click of a button.
- Networking, Bandwidth and SLAs- All Tier-1 ISPs, 10gbs/40gbs fully-meshed network. 20TB per month as part of service. SLAs have exceeded 99.9999% targets for compute, network and connectivity uptime for entire history of the services.
tools that are known for: