Kakoune is a code editor heavily inspired by Vim, as such most of its commands are similar to vi’s ones.
Kakoune can operate in two modes, normal and insertion. In insertion mode, keys are directly inserted into the current buffer. In normal mode, keys are used to manipulate the current selection and to enter insertion mode.
- Multiple selections as a central way of interacting
- Powerful selection manipulation primitives
- Powerful text manipulation primitives
- Client-Server architecture
- Simple interaction with external programs
Build, Test, Deploy
tools that are known for: