What is Karyon?
At Netflix, Karyon is a framework and library that essentially contains the blueprint of what it means to implement a cloud ready web service. All the other fine grained web services and applications that form our SOA graph can essentially be thought as being cloned from this basic blueprint.
Karyon is a tool in the Composable Web Service Framework category of a tech stack.
Karyon is an open source tool with 480 GitHub stars and 162 GitHub forks. Here’s a link to Karyon's open source repository on GitHub
Why developers like Karyon?
Here’s a list of reasons why companies and developers use Karyon
Be the first to leave a pro
- Bootstrapping , dependency and Lifecycle Management (via Governator)
- Runtime Insights and Diagnostics (via karyon-admin-web module)
- Configuration Management (via Archaius)
- Service discovery (via Eureka)
- Powerful transport module (via RxNetty)
Karyon Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Karyon?
It helps you build and develop services using frontend programming APIs, like JAX-WS and JAX-RS. These services can speak a variety of protocols such as SOAP, XML/HTTP, RESTful HTTP, or CORBA and work over a variety of transports such as HTTP, JMS or JBI.