What is Laravel Vapor?
It is an auto-scaling, serverless deployment platform for Laravel, powered by AWS Lambda. Manage your Laravel infrastructure on Vapor and fall in love with the scalability and simplicity of serverless.
Laravel Vapor is a tool in the Serverless / Task Processing category of a tech stack.
Who uses Laravel Vapor?
4 companies reportedly use Laravel Vapor in their tech stacks, including ChromaDex, iBiggerPicture, and new-stack.
Laravel Vapor's Features
- Auto-scaling web / queue infrastructure fine tuned for Laravel
- Zero-downtime deployments and rollbacks
- Environment variable / secret management
- Database management, including point-in-time restores and scaling
- Redis Cache management, including cluster scaling
- Database and cache tunnels, allowing for easy local inspection
- Automatic uploading of assets to Cloudfront CDN during deployment
- Unique, Vapor assigned vanity URLs for each environment, allowing immediate inspection
- Custom application domains
- DNS management
- Certificate management and renewal
- Application, database, and cache metrics
- CI friendly
Laravel Vapor Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Laravel Vapor?
See all alternatives
AWS Lambda is a compute service that runs your code in response to events and automatically manages the underlying compute resources for you. You can use AWS Lambda to extend other AWS services with custom logic, or create your own back-end services that operate at AWS scale, performance, and security.
Build applications comprised of microservices that run in response to events, auto-scale for you, and only charge you when they run. This lowers the total cost of maintaining your apps, enabling you to build more logic, faster. The Framework uses new event-driven compute services, like AWS Lambda, Google CloudFunctions, and more.
Cloud Functions for Firebase
Cloud Functions for Firebase lets you create functions that are triggered by Firebase products, such as changes to data in the Realtime Database, uploads to Cloud Storage, new user sign ups via Authentication, and conversion events in Analytics.
Azure Functions is an event driven, compute-on-demand experience that extends the existing Azure application platform with capabilities to implement code triggered by events occurring in virtually any Azure or 3rd party service as well as on-premises systems.
Google Cloud Functions
Construct applications from bite-sized business logic billed to the nearest 100 milliseconds, only while your code is running