What is NSQ?
Who uses NSQ?
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose NSQ in their tech stack.
The built-in Gamification that comes with our Playbooks application uses NSQ for work queues and microservice communication. NSQ
- support distributed topologies with no SPOF
- horizontally scalable (no brokers, seamlessly add more nodes to the cluster)
- low-latency push based message delivery (performance)
- combination load-balanced and multicast style message routing
- excel at both streaming (high-throughput) and job oriented (low-throughput) workloads
- primarily in-memory (beyond a high-water mark messages are transparently kept on disk)
- runtime discovery service for consumers to find producers (nsqlookupd)
- transport layer security (TLS)
- data format agnostic
- few dependencies (easy to deploy) and a sane, bounded, default configuration
- simple TCP protocol supporting client libraries in any language
- HTTP interface for stats, admin actions, and producers (no client library needed to publish)
- integrates with statsd for realtime instrumentation
- robust cluster administration interface (nsqadmin)