What is NSQ?
Who uses NSQ?
Why developers like NSQ?
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose NSQ in their tech stack.
The built-in Gamification that comes with our Playbooks application uses NSQ for work queues and microservice communication. NSQ
- support distributed topologies with no SPOF
- horizontally scalable (no brokers, seamlessly add more nodes to the cluster)
- low-latency push based message delivery (performance)
- combination load-balanced and multicast style message routing
- excel at both streaming (high-throughput) and job oriented (low-throughput) workloads
- primarily in-memory (beyond a high-water mark messages are transparently kept on disk)
- runtime discovery service for consumers to find producers (nsqlookupd)
- transport layer security (TLS)
- data format agnostic
- few dependencies (easy to deploy) and a sane, bounded, default configuration
- simple TCP protocol supporting client libraries in any language
- HTTP interface for stats, admin actions, and producers (no client library needed to publish)
- integrates with statsd for realtime instrumentation
- robust cluster administration interface (nsqadmin)