What is Packetriot?
It uses a secure reverse tunneling protocol to expose servers on local or private networks to the Internet. It supports HTTP/S and TCP traffic and is built to work behind Firewalls, NATs, and Carrier Grade NATs (CG-NAT). Tunnels are assigned a unique and persistent hostname and connect to the same Packetriot server making it simple to setup custom domains. Integration with Let's Encrypt makes it automatic and simple to secure services. The Packetriot client can serve both upstream web services and static assets eliminating additional tools, such as web servers, and reduce configuration overhead for testing.
Packetriot is a tool in the localhost Tools category of a tech stack.
Who uses Packetriot?
- Expose any number of HTTP/S services on any network to the Internet
- Expose any number of HTTP/S services on any network to the Internet using custom domains
- TCP port allocation and relaying
- Password protection for upstream services
- Custom domain ownership verification
- Automatic TLS certificate management via Let's Encrypt
- Custom TLS certificates
- Transparent TLS proxying
- Upstream and static asset file-serving removing need additional web servers
- IP Firewall fitlering
- Official Docker container image
- Stable public URL endpoint
- Persistent traffic rule management and 24/7 operation
- Systemd services scripts
- Packages for Debian and RPM
- Support for Linux, Mac, Windows and OpenBSD
Packetriot Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Packetriot?
See all alternatives
Public webpages hosted directly from your GitHub repository. Just edit, push, and your changes are live.
Netlify is smart enough to process your site and make sure all assets gets optimized and served with perfect caching-headers from a cookie-less domain. We make sure your HTML is served straight from our CDN edge nodes without any round-trip to our backend servers and are the only ones to give you instant cache invalidation when you push a new deploy. Netlify is also the only static hosting service with integrated continuous deployment.
A cloud platform for serverless deployment. It enables developers to host websites and web services that deploy instantly, scale automatically, and require no supervision, all with minimal configuration.
Webflow is a responsive design tool that lets you design, build, and publish websites in an intuitive interface. Clean code included!
Host your static websites on GitLab.com for free, or on your own GitLab Enterprise Edition instance. Use any static website generator: Jekyll, Middleman, Hexo, Hugo, Pelican, and more