What is pghoard?
pghoard is a PostgreSQL backup daemon and restore tooling for cloud object storages.
pghoard is a tool in the Database Tools category of a tech stack.
pghoard is an open source tool with 935 GitHub stars and 69 GitHub forks. Here’s a link to pghoard's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses pghoard?
Why developers like pghoard?
Here’s a list of reasons why companies and developers use pghoard
Be the first to leave a pro
- Automatic periodic basebackups
- Automatic transaction log (WAL/xlog) backups (using either pg_receivexlog or archive_command)
- Cloud object storage support (AWS S3, Google Cloud, OpenStack Swift, Azure, Ceph)
- Backup restoration directly from object storage, compressed and encrypted
- Point-in-time-recovery (PITR)
- Initialize a new standby from object storage backups, automatically configured as a replicating hot-standby
pghoard Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to pghoard?
See all alternatives
It is a modern database query and access library for Scala. It allows you to work with stored data almost as if you were using Scala collections while at the same time giving you full control over when a database access happens and which data is transferred.
Sequel Pro is a fast, easy-to-use Mac database management application for working with MySQL databases.
PostGIS is a spatial database extender for PostgreSQL object-relational database. It adds support for geographic objects allowing location queries to be run in SQL.
Open PostgreSQL Monitoring
Open PostgreSQL Monitoring is a free software designed to help you manage your PostgreSQL servers.
It lets you regain control of your database migrations with pleasure and plain sql. Solves only one problem and solves it well. It migrates your database, so you don't have to worry about it anymore.