What is pghoard?
pghoard is a PostgreSQL backup daemon and restore tooling for cloud object storages.
pghoard is a tool in the Database Tools category of a tech stack.
pghoard is an open source tool with 1K GitHub stars and 77 GitHub forks. Here’s a link to pghoard's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses pghoard?
- Automatic periodic basebackups
- Automatic transaction log (WAL/xlog) backups (using either pg_receivexlog or archive_command)
- Cloud object storage support (AWS S3, Google Cloud, OpenStack Swift, Azure, Ceph)
- Backup restoration directly from object storage, compressed and encrypted
- Point-in-time-recovery (PITR)
- Initialize a new standby from object storage backups, automatically configured as a replicating hot-standby
pghoard Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to pghoard?
See all alternatives
It is a modern database query and access library for Scala. It allows you to work with stored data almost as if you were using Scala collections while at the same time giving you full control over when a database access happens and which data is transferred.
It makes it easy to use data access technologies, relational and non-relational databases, map-reduce frameworks, and cloud-based data services. This is an umbrella project which contains many subprojects that are specific to a given database.
Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
It is an integrated environment for managing any SQL infrastructure, from SQL Server to Azure SQL Database. It provides tools to configure, monitor, and administer instances of SQL Server and databases. Use it to deploy, monitor, and upgrade the data-tier components used by your applications, as well as build queries and scripts.
A cross-platform IDE that is aimed at DBAs and developers working with SQL databases.
Sequel Pro is a fast, easy-to-use Mac database management application for working with MySQL databases.