pghoard is a PostgreSQL backup daemon and restore tooling for cloud object storages.
- Automatic periodic basebackups
- Automatic transaction log (WAL/xlog) backups (using either pg_receivexlog or archive_command)
- Cloud object storage support (AWS S3, Google Cloud, OpenStack Swift, Azure, Ceph)
- Backup restoration directly from object storage, compressed and encrypted
- Point-in-time-recovery (PITR)
- Initialize a new standby from object storage backups, automatically configured as a replicating hot-standby