What is Prisma?
Prisma is an open-source database toolkit. It replaces traditional ORMs and makes database access easy with an auto-generated query builder for TypeScript & Node.js.
Prisma is a tool in the Query Languages category of a tech stack.
Prisma is an open source tool with 8.5K GitHub stars and 371 GitHub forks. Here’s a link to Prisma's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses Prisma?
44 companies reportedly use Prisma in their tech stacks, including Graphy, commercetools, and hubblr.
210 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Prisma.
Pros of Prisma
Auto-generated query builder
Type-safe database access
Increases confidence during development
Productive application development
Built specifically for Postgres and TypeScript
Supports multible database systems
Supports multible RDBMSs
- Auto-generated and type-safe query builder for Node.js & TypeScript
- Declarative data modeling & migration system
- GUI to view and edit data in your database
- Single source of truth for database and application models
- Auto-completion in code editors instead of needing to look up documentation
- Less boilerplate so developers can focus on the important parts of their app
- Queries not classes to avoid complex model objects
Prisma Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Prisma?
See all alternatives
AWS AppSync automatically updates the data in web and mobile applications in real time, and updates data for offline users as soon as they reconnect. AppSync makes it easy to build collaborative mobile and web applications that deliver responsive, collaborative user experiences.
Build a universal GraphQL API on top of your existing REST APIs, so you can ship new application features fast without waiting on backend changes.
An open source GraphQL engine that deploys instant, realtime GraphQL APIs on any Postgres database.
Sequelize is a promise-based ORM for Node.js and io.js. It supports the dialects PostgreSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, SQLite and MSSQL and features solid transaction support, relations, read replication and more.