Airbrake vs Honeybadger: What are the differences?
What is Airbrake? Airbrake captures and groups errors in Ruby, iOS, Django, PHP & more. Airbrake collects errors for your applications in all major languages and frameworks. We alert you to new errors and give you critical context, trends and details needed to find and fix errors fast.
What is Honeybadger? Honeybadger is the modern error management service for rails. Honeybadger does more than report errors, it helps you work with your team to fix them. Errors can be assigned. You can comment via email. And a fine-grained permissions system means you control who has access to each specific project.
Airbrake and Honeybadger can be categorized as "Exception Monitoring" tools.
Some of the features offered by Airbrake are:
- Dupe Detection- Developers will only receive an email once when an error occurs — rather than getting buried under an error email avalanche.
- Auto Resolve- An action on each application deployment — that way developers can focus on the problems that exist today, not the ones from last month.
- Github Aware- Airbrake is github-aware, and can link code in your Airbrake error stack traces to the corresponding locations on github.
On the other hand, Honeybadger provides the following key features:
- Collaboration tools for your team
- A blazing-fast error drill-down UI
- Tons of notification options
"Reliable" is the primary reason why developers consider Airbrake over the competitors, whereas "Rails integration" was stated as the key factor in picking Honeybadger.
According to the StackShare community, Airbrake has a broader approval, being mentioned in 91 company stacks & 22 developers stacks; compared to Honeybadger, which is listed in 34 company stacks and 11 developer stacks.
What is Airbrake?
What is Honeybadger?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Honeybadger?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
Honeybadger was easy to set up. I had a question about my account and customer support was very responsive.
Efficiently trace and detect errors in the stack without having to explicitly setup error tracking for each action.