Amazon CloudSearch vs Searchify: What are the differences?
Developers describe Amazon CloudSearch as "Set up, manage, and scale a search solution for your website or application". Amazon CloudSearch enables you to search large collections of data such as web pages, document files, forum posts, or product information. With a few clicks in the AWS Management Console, you can create a search domain, upload the data you want to make searchable to Amazon CloudSearch, and the search service automatically provisions the required technology resources and deploys a highly tuned search index. On the other hand, Searchify is detailed as "Full-text Search-as-a-Service". Easily add custom full-text search, without the cost or complexity of managing search servers.
Amazon CloudSearch and Searchify can be categorized as "Search as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by Amazon CloudSearch are:
- Simple to Configure – You can make your data searchable using the AWS Management Console, API calls, or command line tools. Simply point to a sample set of data, and Amazon CloudSearch automatically proposes a list of index fields and a suggested configuration.
- Automatic Scaling For Data &
- Traffic – Amazon CloudSearch scales up and down seamlessly as the amount of data or query volume changes.
On the other hand, Searchify provides the following key features:
- Powerful hosted search, with a simple API
- True real-time updates are immediately searchable
- Location-aware geo search - sort & filter by distance