Amazon Elastic Transcoder vs Panda: What are the differences?
What is Amazon Elastic Transcoder? Media transcoding in the cloud using Amazon EC2. Convert or transcode media files from their source format into versions that will playback on devices like smartphones, tablets and PCs. Create a transcoding “job” specifying the location of your source media file and how you want it transcoded. Amazon Elastic Transcoder also provides transcoding presets for popular output formats. All these features are available via service API, AWS SDKs and the AWS Management Console.
What is Panda? Dedicated video encoding in the cloud. Panda is a cloud-based platform that provides video and audio encoding infrastructure. It features lightning fast encoding, and broad support for a huge number of video and audio codecs. You can upload to Panda either from your own web application using our REST API, or by utilizing our easy to use web interface.
Amazon Elastic Transcoder and Panda belong to "Media Transcoding" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Amazon Elastic Transcoder are:
- Amazon Elastic Transcoder runs your transcoding jobs using the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2). Built to work with content you store in Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3)
- Automatically receive status of your transcoding jobs via Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS)
- Query the status of transcoding jobs.
On the other hand, Panda provides the following key features:
- Unlimited encoding- When we say unlimited we mean unlimited. With your own dedicated resources, you can upload as much media as you like with no per-minute charge.
- Deliver everywhere- Encode your videos to be viewable in any browser, with any player, on any device.
- High definition- From the cellphone to the big screen, your video will always look gorgeous with 1080p HD video.
What is Amazon Elastic Transcoder?
What is Panda?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose Amazon Elastic Transcoder?
Why do developers choose Panda?
What are the cons of using Amazon Elastic Transcoder?
What are the cons of using Panda?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with Amazon Elastic Transcoder?
We were looking for a versatile #MediaTranscoding service for #video to convert TV shows and movies from large content providers into web #VideoStreaming formats. These content providers gave us files ranging from Apple ProRes to h.264, with file sizes from 1 GB to 100 GB, and we needed a tool that could cope with all of it. We looked at Amazon Elastic Transcoder and Zencoder, and eventually chose @Zencoder because it had support for every format we needed, good handling of sound channel remapping, and a clear UI with fast processing times. We automated our usage with it by writing a simple Python script to interact with it's API, and hosted the input and output AV files on Amazon S3, which it could easily talk to. So far we've converted 15 TB representing several thousand files using the service and are quite happy!
AWS Elastic Transcoder has helped us scale the thousands of video application uploads we get a month.