Amazon EMR vs Treasure Data: What are the differences?
Developers describe Amazon EMR as "Distribute your data and processing across a Amazon EC2 instances using Hadoop". Amazon EMR is used in a variety of applications, including log analysis, web indexing, data warehousing, machine learning, financial analysis, scientific simulation, and bioinformatics. Customers launch millions of Amazon EMR clusters every year. On the other hand, Treasure Data is detailed as "Flexible data analytics infrastructure as a service". Treasure Data's Big Data as-a-Service cloud platform enables data-driven businesses to focus their precious development resources on their applications, not on mundane, time-consuming integration and operational tasks. The Treasure Data Cloud Data Warehouse service offers an affordable, quick-to-implement and easy-to-use big data option that does not require specialized IT resources, making big data analytics available to the mass market.
Amazon EMR and Treasure Data can be categorized as "Big Data as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by Amazon EMR are:
- Elastic- Amazon EMR enables you to quickly and easily provision as much capacity as you need and add or remove capacity at any time. Deploy multiple clusters or resize a running cluster
- Low Cost- Amazon EMR is designed to reduce the cost of processing large amounts of data. Some of the features that make it low cost include low hourly pricing, Amazon EC2 Spot integration, Amazon EC2 Reserved Instance integration, elasticity, and Amazon S3 integration.
- Flexible Data Stores- With Amazon EMR, you can leverage multiple data stores, including Amazon S3, the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), and Amazon DynamoDB.
On the other hand, Treasure Data provides the following key features:
- Instant Integration- Using td-agent, you can start importing your data from existing log files, web and packaged applications right away.
- Streaming or Batch?- You choose! Our data collection tool, td-agent, enables you to stream or batch your data to the cloud in JSON format.
- Secure Upload- The connection between td-agent and the cloud is SSL-encrypted, ensuring secure transfer of your data.