Amazon FPS vs Braintree: What are the differences?
What is Amazon FPS? Charge Amazon’s tens of millions of customers using their Amazon account. With Amazon Flexible Payments Service developers can accept payments on their website for selling goods or services, raise donations, execute recurring payments, and send payments. Amazon customers can pay using the same login credentials, shipping address and payment information they already have on file with Amazon. Amazon FPS supports the processing of payments using credit cards, bank accounts and Amazon Payments account balances to send or receive money.
What is Braintree? Accept payments in your app or website today. Braintree replaces traditional payment gateways and merchant accounts. From one touch payments, to mobile SDKs and international sales, we provide everything you need to start accepting payments today.
Amazon FPS and Braintree belong to "Payment Services" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Amazon FPS are:
- Accept one time payments on your website for selling physical goods, digital content, and services
- Execute periodic or delayed payment features required by subscription and usage-based services such as digital music and online storage
- Facilitate transactions between a buyer and a third party seller, take a cut of the transaction, and have control over who pays the transaction processing fees
On the other hand, Braintree provides the following key features:
- Simple pricing with no minimums- Pay only for what you use, with no minimum monthly volume, at the simple US pricing rate of 2.9% + $.30 per transaction.
- An API developers love- Integrate your app with our API over a cup of coffee.
- We support your business model- Subscriptions or one-off, mobile or web, local or global, our platform adapts.
What is Amazon FPS?
What is Braintree?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Amazon FPS?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with Amazon FPS?
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
I had the opportunity to integrate Braintree as a new gateway on a project I worked on last year (RoR project), the change from PayPal to Braintree was smooth and now it's really easy to maintain. The documentation for the API was super easy to follow. Really enjoyed using Braintree.
Braintree handles recurring credit card and Paypal payments for healthchecks.io. We liked the extensive developer documentation, the language-specific libraries and the friendly, timely communication from Braintree.
Gotta take the money, might as well take it in style and on all devices without too much headache. Oh and we use the fraud prevention tools.
credit card and paypal transaction processing. We love Stripe but want a single API for credit cards and PayPal
Braintree is effectively the only good billing PaaS for Eastern European companies.