Amazon SES vs Cloudmailin: What are the differences?
Developers describe Amazon SES as "Bulk and transactional email-sending service". Amazon SES eliminates the complexity and expense of building an in-house email solution or licensing, installing, and operating a third-party email service. The service integrates with other AWS services, making it easy to send emails from applications being hosted on services such as Amazon EC2. On the other hand, Cloudmailin is detailed as "Incoming Email for your Web App". CloudMailin allows you to receive any volume of incoming email via a Webhook. You are given an email address that will forward any incoming message to your app, as an HTTP POST, within milliseconds. You can also seamlessly check the delivery status of each of your incoming emails via the dashboard, bounce emails that you do not wish to receive and use your own domain name.
Amazon SES and Cloudmailin belong to "Transactional Email" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Amazon SES are:
- Simple – Amazon SES eliminates the complexity of licensing, installing, and operating a third-party service, or building and maintaining an internally hosted email solution. Sending email through Amazon SES is as simple as using SMTP or calling an API, and Amazon SES makes it easy for you to monitor your sending activity and deliverability statistics.
- Inexpensive – There are no up-front fees or fixed expenses with Amazon SES, and you benefit from the efficiencies of Amazon’s scale. Your only costs are low charges for the number of emails sent and data transfer fees.
- Reliable – Amazon SES runs within Amazon’s proven network infrastructure and datacenters. All outgoing email messages are stored redundantly across multiple servers and datacenters, providing high availability and data durability.
On the other hand, Cloudmailin provides the following key features:
- Easily receive email in Ruby on Rails, PHP, .Net, Java, Django or any language/framework we forgot. Since the email is delivered as an HTTP Post it's simple.
- See the delivery status of the emails it has delivered to your app.
- No more polling or waiting for new processes to spawn. Email can arrive in as little as a few milliseconds.
What is Amazon SES?
What is Cloudmailin?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose Cloudmailin?
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Amazon SES?
What are the cons of using Cloudmailin?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
Our internal emails (such as exception notifications) are sent via Amazon SES, since it's cheaper than using Sendgrid. We also use Amazon SES as a fallback in case we have deliverability issues with Sendgrid.
Sending transactional emails, such as reminders, contact form notifications, confirmations …etc.
Amazon SES is the email service we commonly use in clous AWS e-commerce infrastructure.
Some e-mail communication needs a independent provider, for these purposes we use SES.