Amazon SNS vs Notifiers: What are the differences?
Amazon SNS: Fully managed push messaging service. Amazon Simple Notification Service makes it simple and cost-effective to push to mobile devices such as iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle Fire, and internet connected smart devices, as well as pushing to other distributed services. Besides pushing cloud notifications directly to mobile devices, SNS can also deliver notifications by SMS text message or email, to Simple Queue Service (SQS) queues, or to any HTTP endpoint; Notifiers: An easy way to send notifications. A one stop shop for all notification providers with a unified and simple interface.
Amazon SNS and Notifiers can be categorized as "Mobile Push Messaging" tools.
Some of the features offered by Amazon SNS are:
- In most cases, developers can get started with Amazon SNS by using just three APIs: CreateTopic, Subscribe, and Publish. Additional APIs are available, which provide more advanced functionality.
- With SNS you can publish a message once, and deliver it one or more times. So you can choose to direct unique messages to individual Apple, Google or Amazon devices, or broadcast deliveries to many mobile devices with a single publish request.
- SNS allows you to group multiple recipients using topics. A topic is an “access point” for allowing recipients to dynamically subscribe for identical copies of the same notification. One topic can support deliveries to multiple endpoint types -- for example, you can group together iOS, Android and SMS recipients. When you publish once to a topic, SNS delivers appropriately formatted copies of your message to each subscriber.
On the other hand, Notifiers provides the following key features:
- Spend your precious time on your own code base, instead of chasing down 3rd party provider APIs
- A minimal set of well known and stable dependencies (requests, jsonschema and click)
- A unified interface means that you already support any new providers that will be added, no more work needed!
Notifiers is an open source tool with 1.17K GitHub stars and 38 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Notifiers's open source repository on GitHub.
What is Amazon SNS?
What is Notifiers?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose Notifiers?
What are the cons of using Amazon SNS?
What are the cons of using Notifiers?
What companies use Notifiers?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
Our primary transport mechanism for events. One SNS topic carries a specific event type and n-number of subscribers (usually a Lambda) may subscribe to that event.
Amazon SNS is used for push notification to push notifications of the occurrence of different events during operations of our computing resources on AWS cloud.
We use SNS for platform-agnostic mobile push message handling, essentially to avoid dealing with APNS ourselves.
I mainly use it for the infrastructure notifications and alarms of zerotoherojs.com ’s learning dashboards.