Amazon SNS vs OneSignal: What are the differences?
Amazon SNS: Fully managed push messaging service. Amazon Simple Notification Service makes it simple and cost-effective to push to mobile devices such as iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle Fire, and internet connected smart devices, as well as pushing to other distributed services. Besides pushing cloud notifications directly to mobile devices, SNS can also deliver notifications by SMS text message or email, to Simple Queue Service (SQS) queues, or to any HTTP endpoint; OneSignal: Free Mobile and Web Push Notifications. Free mobile and web push notification service.
Amazon SNS and OneSignal can be categorized as "Mobile Push Messaging" tools.
Some of the features offered by Amazon SNS are:
- In most cases, developers can get started with Amazon SNS by using just three APIs: CreateTopic, Subscribe, and Publish. Additional APIs are available, which provide more advanced functionality.
- With SNS you can publish a message once, and deliver it one or more times. So you can choose to direct unique messages to individual Apple, Google or Amazon devices, or broadcast deliveries to many mobile devices with a single publish request.
- SNS allows you to group multiple recipients using topics. A topic is an “access point” for allowing recipients to dynamically subscribe for identical copies of the same notification. One topic can support deliveries to multiple endpoint types -- for example, you can group together iOS, Android and SMS recipients. When you publish once to a topic, SNS delivers appropriately formatted copies of your message to each subscriber.
On the other hand, OneSignal provides the following key features:
- Multiplatform notifications
- Web Push Support
- Safari Push Notifications
According to the StackShare community, Amazon SNS has a broader approval, being mentioned in 227 company stacks & 76 developers stacks; compared to OneSignal, which is listed in 55 company stacks and 15 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
What is Amazon SNS?
What is OneSignal?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions