Amplitude vs Flurry: What are the differences?
Developers describe Amplitude as "User analytics to fuel explosive user growth". Amplitude provides scalable mobile analytics that helps companies leverage data to create explosive user growth. Anyone in the company can use Amplitude to pinpoint the most valuable behavioral patterns within hours. On the other hand, Flurry is detailed as "Build, measure, advertise and monetize your apps". More companies trust Flurry Analytics to understand how consumers interact with their mobile applications than all other app analytics providers combined. Over 80,000 companies use Flurry Analytics in more than 230,000 applications to measure audience reach, engagement, retention, conversions, revenue and more.
Amplitude and Flurry can be categorized as "Mobile Analytics" tools.
Some of the features offered by Amplitude are:
- Real-time user analytics, including funnels, retention, flexible user segmentation, and revenue analysis.
- Microscope: Explore the user behavior behind any data point. Compare the behavior of engaged vs. churned users.
- Growth Discovery Engine: Identify behaviors that are predictive of retention or conversion and drive explosive user growth.
On the other hand, Flurry provides the following key features:
- Harness the power of industry-leading mobile app analytics for free
- Look beyond the download to investigate how users interact with your app
- Learn how, when, where and by what kind of audience your app is used
"Great for product managers" is the top reason why over 5 developers like Amplitude, while over 5 developers mention "Most complete and developer/marketing friendly metrics" as the leading cause for choosing Flurry.
StackShare, Coursera, and Rainist are some of the popular companies that use Amplitude, whereas Flurry is used by ebay, 9GAG, and Groupon. Amplitude has a broader approval, being mentioned in 111 company stacks & 18 developers stacks; compared to Flurry, which is listed in 24 company stacks and 5 developer stacks.