Apigee vs RAML: What are the differences?
Developers describe Apigee as "Intelligent and complete API platform". API management, design, analytics, and security are at the heart of modern digital architecture. The Apigee intelligent API platform is a complete solution for moving business to the digital world. On the other hand, RAML is detailed as "RESTful API Modeling Language (RAML) makes it easy to manage the whole API lifecycle from design to sharing". RESTful API Modeling Language (RAML) makes it easy to manage the whole API lifecycle from design to sharing. It's concise - you only write what you need to define - and reusable. It is machine readable API design that is actually human friendly.
Apigee and RAML can be categorized as "API" tools.
Some of the features offered by Apigee are:
- Design, secure, analyze, and scale your APIs with the Apigee Edge API management platform.
- Predictive analytics to ensure intelligent and customized interactions.
- Connect devices to the Internet, and enable partners and developers to access device functionality and data with APIs.
On the other hand, RAML provides the following key features:
- Create and pull in namespaced, reusable libraries, containing data types
- Annotations let you add vendor specific functionality without compromising your spec
- Traits and resource Types let you take advantage of code reuse and design patterns
"Highly scalable and secure API Management Platform" is the primary reason why developers consider Apigee over the competitors, whereas "API Specification" was stated as the key factor in picking RAML.
OpenGov, Trustpilot, and RapidSOS are some of the popular companies that use Apigee, whereas RAML is used by Taboola, ikusei, and Anchnet. Apigee has a broader approval, being mentioned in 5 company stacks & 11 developers stacks; compared to RAML, which is listed in 9 company stacks and 6 developer stacks.