App Annie vs Google Analytics: What are the differences?
App Annie: The leader in app store analytics, app rankings, and market intelligence. Annie takes care of all the Math Behind The App Stores keeping you up-to-date with your own app's metrics and the latest app store trends. Annie provides three fabulous products for her fans: Analytics, Store Stats, Intelligence; Google Analytics: Enterprise-class web analytics. Google Analytics lets you measure your advertising ROI as well as track your Flash, video, and social networking sites and applications.
App Annie and Google Analytics are primarily classified as "Mobile App Store Optimization" and "General Analytics" tools respectively.
Some of the features offered by App Annie are:
- APP ANNIE ANALYTICS - A free web-service that automatically retrieves, visualizes and stores your app's download, revenue, ranking and review data.
- APP ANNIE STORE STATS - The most comprehensive free app store database on the Internet today. It provides you with detailed ranking charts, historical data, Featured placements and international app store matrices.
- APP ANNIE INTELLIGENCE - Our premium product - it allows our advanced customers to access the most accurate market intelligence data available for app stores today.
On the other hand, Google Analytics provides the following key features:
- Analysis Tools- Google Analytics is built on a powerful, easy to use, reporting platform, so you can decide what data you want to view and customize your reports, with just a few clicks.
- Content Analytics- Content reports help you understand which parts of your website are performing well, which pages are most popular so you can create a better experience for your customers.
- Social Analytics- The web is a social place and Google Analytics measures success of your social media programs. You can analyze how visitors interact with sharing features on your site (like the Google +1 button) and engage with your content across social platforms.
Airbnb, Uber Technologies, and Spotify are some of the popular companies that use Google Analytics, whereas App Annie is used by Dropbox, Google, and Yahoo!. Google Analytics has a broader approval, being mentioned in 15339 company stacks & 2444 developers stacks; compared to App Annie, which is listed in 14 company stacks and 6 developer stacks.
What is App Annie?
What is Google Analytics?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose App Annie?
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using App Annie?
Sign up to add, upvote and see more consMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with App Annie?
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
Google is an amazing free tool and is extremely customizable. I use it for A/B testing (using google content experiment), Lean Analytics (measuring goals based on events), and it's new asynchronous JS has made a lot of tracking easier.
However it takes a lot more configuration to set up cohort studies and user based analytics than other analytics platforms. It is possible to do however: http://analytics.blogspot.ca/2013/03/get-useful-insights-easier-automate.html
If you need something free this is definitely your best option.
I mainly use it to trace how many user using it before my site get monetized, at the age before smartphone and we only have web site, now I look at the profit rather than web page visited. As web page is not the single interface now. Android, iOS, Web. Wasting time to set up one by one. so I just simply look at revenue.
Google Analytics is a freemium web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google Analytics not only lets you measure sales and conversions, but also gives you fresh insights into how visitors use your site, how they arrived on your site, and how you can keep them coming back.
Google Analytic is setup with user id tracking, allowing to view traffic for logged in users only, as well as custom events based on video watching and conversion goals for purchases. The Google’s autotrack plugin provides additional tracking of click events.
We installed Google Analytics. Can we haz data science now? We ares teh bestest analytics gurus evar!