App Annie vs Google Analytics: What are the differences?
App Annie: The leader in app store analytics, app rankings, and market intelligence. Annie takes care of all the Math Behind The App Stores keeping you up-to-date with your own app's metrics and the latest app store trends. Annie provides three fabulous products for her fans: Analytics, Store Stats, Intelligence; Google Analytics: Enterprise-class web analytics. Google Analytics lets you measure your advertising ROI as well as track your Flash, video, and social networking sites and applications.
App Annie and Google Analytics are primarily classified as "Mobile App Store Optimization" and "General Analytics" tools respectively.
Some of the features offered by App Annie are:
- APP ANNIE ANALYTICS - A free web-service that automatically retrieves, visualizes and stores your app's download, revenue, ranking and review data.
- APP ANNIE STORE STATS - The most comprehensive free app store database on the Internet today. It provides you with detailed ranking charts, historical data, Featured placements and international app store matrices.
- APP ANNIE INTELLIGENCE - Our premium product - it allows our advanced customers to access the most accurate market intelligence data available for app stores today.
On the other hand, Google Analytics provides the following key features:
- Analysis Tools- Google Analytics is built on a powerful, easy to use, reporting platform, so you can decide what data you want to view and customize your reports, with just a few clicks.
- Content Analytics- Content reports help you understand which parts of your website are performing well, which pages are most popular so you can create a better experience for your customers.
- Social Analytics- The web is a social place and Google Analytics measures success of your social media programs. You can analyze how visitors interact with sharing features on your site (like the Google +1 button) and engage with your content across social platforms.
Airbnb, Uber Technologies, and Spotify are some of the popular companies that use Google Analytics, whereas App Annie is used by Dropbox, Google, and Yahoo!. Google Analytics has a broader approval, being mentioned in 15339 company stacks & 2444 developers stacks; compared to App Annie, which is listed in 14 company stacks and 6 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is App Annie?
What is Google Analytics?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions