AppFog vs Catalyze: What are the differences?
Developers describe AppFog as "Simple PaaS for Java, Python, Node, .Net, Ruby, PHP, MySQL, Mongo, and PostgreSQL". AppFog provides the infrastructure web developers need to build apps without worrying about IT tasks or having to wait days to get servers ready for writing code. AppFog’s web application technologies include PHP, NodeJS, Ruby, Python, Java, .NET, MySQL, and PostgreSQL. On the other hand, Catalyze is detailed as "HIPAA-compliant cloud computing for healthcare". Cloud tools for healthcare. We provide a HIPAA-compliant Platform as a Service (PaaS), HIPAA-compliant Mobile Backend (BaaS), and HL7 integration services. Focus on building your digital health app, and not on compliance. Think of us as your healthcare-specific DevOps team.
AppFog and Catalyze can be primarily classified as "Platform as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by AppFog are:
- Launches fast, runs fast- Varnish Cache and op-code caching run applications with less server load and accelerated performance.
- Reduces ops work- No more configuring servers, firewalls, Apache, security, or installing frameworks.
- Plays well with any SCM- Versioning is critical. AppFog is compatible with code management systems like git, svn, and mercurial.
On the other hand, Catalyze provides the following key features:
- Platform includes everything for infrastructure-specific HIPAA compliance: dedicated logging, monitoring, encryption in transit and at rest, backups, disaster recovery, vulnerability scanning, intrusion detection, to name a few
- Mobile Backend includes a compliant datastore, user management capabilities, custom classes, and more
- Audited 3 times, 2 HIPAA and 1 HITRUST