Backendless vs Firebase: What are the differences?
Backendless and Firebase can be categorized as "Realtime Backend / API" tools.
Some of the features offered by Backendless are:
- Provides intuitive APIs for handling user registration, login and session management
- Supports object persistence with complex hierarchies
- Delivers push notifications to iOS, Android and Windows Phone devices
On the other hand, Firebase provides the following key features:
- Add the Firebase library to your app and get access to a shared data structure. Any changes made to that data are automatically synchronized with the Firebase cloud and with other clients within milliseconds.
- Firebase apps can be written entirely with client-side code, update in real-time out-of-the-box, interoperate well with existing services, scale automatically, and provide strong data security.
- Data Accessibility- Data is stored as JSON in Firebase. Every piece of data has its own URL which can be used in Firebase's client libraries and as a REST endpoint. These URLs can also be entered into a browser to view the data and watch it update in real-time.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Backendless?
What is Firebase?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
What companies use Backendless?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with Backendless?
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions