Beidou vs layerJS: What are the differences?
Beidou: Isomorphic framework for server-rendered React apps, by Alibaba. Isomorphic framework for server-rendered React apps; layerJS: UI composition & animation in pure HTML. UX patterns like menus, sliders, layers & lightboxes, parallax effects, page-swipes, zoom effects, etc. are really just interactive animated layers. layerJS is a simple open source library that provides one simple universal concept to create such patterns in pure HTML.
Some of the features offered by Beidou are:
- High performance, 2-5 times speed up
- Search engine optimization
- React server side render
On the other hand, layerJS provides the following key features:
- Universal - One library for all UX patterns. Slider, Popups, Accordeon, Menu, Parallax, (Touch) Gestures, etc.
- Pure HTML - Layout your interface with HTML attributes and define interaction with Links
- Plays with - Angular, VueJS, React, jQuery. Use your framework to modify frame content or generate frames dynamically.
Beidou and layerJS are both open source tools. Beidou with 2.37K GitHub stars and 245 forks on GitHub appears to be more popular than layerJS with 1.73K GitHub stars and 75 GitHub forks.