Blue Ocean vs TeamCity: What are the differences?
Developers describe Blue Ocean as "A reboot of the Jenkins CI/CD User Experience". Designed from the ground up for Jenkins Pipeline and compatible with Freestyle jobs, Blue Ocean reduces clutter and increases clarity for every member of your team. On the other hand, TeamCity is detailed as "TeamCity is an ultimate Continuous Integration tool for professionals". TeamCity is a user-friendly continuous integration (CI) server for professional developers, build engineers, and DevOps. It is trivial to setup and absolutely free for small teams and open source projects.
Blue Ocean and TeamCity belong to "Continuous Integration" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Blue Ocean are:
- Sophisticated visualizations of CD pipelines, allowing for fast and intuitive comprehension of software pipeline status.
- Pipeline editor (In Development) that makes automating CD pipelines approachable by guiding the user through an intuitive and visual process to create a pipeline.
- Personalization of the Jenkins UI to suit the role-based needs of each member of the DevOps team.
On the other hand, TeamCity provides the following key features:
- Automate code analyzing, compiling, and testing processes, with having instant feedback on build progress, problems, and test failures, all in a simple, intuitive web-interface
- Simplified setup: create projects from just a VCS repository URL
- Run multiple builds and tests under different configurations and platforms simultaneously
"Beautiful interface" is the top reason why over 4 developers like Blue Ocean, while over 52 developers mention "Easy to configure" as the leading cause for choosing TeamCity.
Blue Ocean is an open source tool with 2.49K GitHub stars and 435 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Blue Ocean's open source repository on GitHub.
According to the StackShare community, TeamCity has a broader approval, being mentioned in 171 company stacks & 51 developers stacks; compared to Blue Ocean, which is listed in 4 company stacks and 10 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Blue Ocean?
What is TeamCity?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions