Bootstrap vs Material Design for Bootstrap: What are the differences?
Bootstrap and Material Design for Bootstrap belong to "Front-End Frameworks" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Bootstrap are:
- Preprocessors: Bootstrap ships with vanilla CSS, but its source code utilizes the two most popular CSS preprocessors, Less and Sass. Quickly get started with precompiled CSS or build on the source.
- One framework, every device: Bootstrap easily and efficiently scales your websites and applications with a single code base, from phones to tablets to desktops with CSS media queries.
- Full of features: With Bootstrap, you get extensive and beautiful documentation for common HTML elements, dozens of custom HTML and CSS components, and awesome jQuery plugins.
On the other hand, Material Design for Bootstrap provides the following key features:
- Input fields (text, numeric, email, etc)
- Buttons (ripple effect working)
"Responsiveness" is the top reason why over 1544 developers like Bootstrap, while over 14 developers mention "Bootstrap" as the leading cause for choosing Material Design for Bootstrap.
Bootstrap and Material Design for Bootstrap are both open source tools. It seems that Bootstrap with 134K GitHub stars and 66K forks on GitHub has more adoption than Material Design for Bootstrap with 19.9K GitHub stars and 3.31K GitHub forks.
According to the StackShare community, Bootstrap has a broader approval, being mentioned in 7046 company stacks & 1115 developers stacks; compared to Material Design for Bootstrap, which is listed in 5 company stacks and 6 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Bootstrap?
What is Material Design for Bootstrap?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with Material Design for Bootstrap?
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions