Buddybuild vs HockeyApp: What are the differences?
What is Buddybuild? A continuous integration, continuous deployment and user feedback platform for iOS and Android development teams. Buddybuild ties together continuous integration, continuous delivery and an iterative feedback solution into a single, seamless platform.
What is HockeyApp? Manage your betas and collect live crash reports for iOS, Android, Windows Phone, and OS X apps. HockeyApp is the best way to collect live crash reports, get feedback from your users, distribute your betas, and analyze your test coverage.
Buddybuild can be classified as a tool in the "Mobile Continuous Integration" category, while HockeyApp is grouped under "Beta Testing / Mobile App Distribution".
Some of the features offered by Buddybuild are:
- Frictionless Setup: set up a comprehensive CI system for your iOS and Android apps in just minutes.
- Customizable Workflow: use and extend buddybuild to meet the needs of your mobile development workflow.
- Test with Confidence: maintain and improve the quality of your code base with automated Unit and UI testing
On the other hand, HockeyApp provides the following key features:
- Crash Reports- HockeyApp offers the most reliable and complete crash reporting for beta and App Store versions using open source frameworks. Providing full server-side symbolication with class names, methods, line numbers, and automatic grouping of similar crash reports.
- Feedback- HockeyApp allows you to communicate with your customers. Users can create a support request, post an idea, or discuss a problem right from within the app.
- Distribution- Upload your beta versions to HockeyApp and distribute them to your beta testers. Integrate our open-source SDK and your app will automatically be able to detect updates and offer the updates right within the app.Analytics- By integrating our SDK into your app, you'll get advanced metrics to get a better overview of the testing for your app. See which devices were tested, which testers used the app for how long, and which language was tested.
"Easy setup" is the primary reason why developers consider Buddybuild over the competitors, whereas "Crash analytics" was stated as the key factor in picking HockeyApp.
According to the StackShare community, HockeyApp has a broader approval, being mentioned in 50 company stacks & 11 developers stacks; compared to Buddybuild, which is listed in 18 company stacks and 3 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
What is Buddybuild?
What is HockeyApp?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions