Buddybuild vs Travis CI: What are the differences?
Developers describe Buddybuild as "A continuous integration, continuous deployment and user feedback platform for iOS and Android development teams". Buddybuild ties together continuous integration, continuous delivery and an iterative feedback solution into a single, seamless platform. On the other hand, Travis CI is detailed as "A hosted continuous integration service for open source and private projects". Free for open source projects, our CI environment provides multiple runtimes (e.g. Node.js or PHP versions), data stores and so on. Because of this, hosting your project on travis-ci.com means you can effortlessly test your library or applications against multiple runtimes and data stores without even having all of them installed locally.
Buddybuild and Travis CI are primarily classified as "Mobile Continuous Integration" and "Continuous Integration" tools respectively.
Some of the features offered by Buddybuild are:
- Frictionless Setup: set up a comprehensive CI system for your iOS and Android apps in just minutes.
- Customizable Workflow: use and extend buddybuild to meet the needs of your mobile development workflow.
- Test with Confidence: maintain and improve the quality of your code base with automated Unit and UI testing
On the other hand, Travis CI provides the following key features:
- Easy Setup- Getting started with Travis CI is as easy as enabling a project, adding basic build instructions to your project and committing code.
- Supports Your Platform- Lots of databases and services are pre-installed and can simply be enabled in your build configuration, we'll launch them for you automatically. MySQL, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, Riak, RabbitMQ, Memcached are available by default.
- Deploy With Confidence- Deploying to production after a successful build is as easy as setting up a bit of configuration, and we'll deploy your code to Heroku, Engine Yard Cloud, Nodejitsu, cloudControl, OpenShift, and CloudFoundry.
"Easy setup" is the primary reason why developers consider Buddybuild over the competitors, whereas "Github integration" was stated as the key factor in picking Travis CI.
Lyft, Heroku, and Rainist are some of the popular companies that use Travis CI, whereas Buddybuild is used by Hilenium, Perch, and Getaway GmbH. Travis CI has a broader approval, being mentioned in 670 company stacks & 624 developers stacks; compared to Buddybuild, which is listed in 18 company stacks and 3 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Buddybuild?
What is Travis CI?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions