Cachet vs StatusPage.io: What are the differences?
What is Cachet? A beautiful and simple open source status page system. Cachet is an open source status page system written in PHP, using the Laravel framework.
What is StatusPage.io? Build trust with every incident: Real-time status and incident communication. The #1 status and incident communication tool. Use Statuspage to build trust with every incident.
Cachet and StatusPage.io belong to "Status Page Hosting" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Cachet are:
- Log incidents
- Apply a custom stylesheet to the status page
- Markdown support for incident messages
On the other hand, StatusPage.io provides the following key features:
- Incidents During Service Disruptions- Active incidents are prominently displayed at the top of your page for your visitors to see right when they arrive, and they can subscribe to further updates via email or SMS.
- Status For Individual Architecture Pieces- Modern systems are made up of many different functional pieces, and listing each piece separately helps you further communicate the status of your infrastructure. Each component can be listed as Operational, Degraded Performance, Partial Outage, or Major Outage.
- Scheduled Maintenance- proactively reach out to customers via Scheduled Maintenance to avoid the email rage while you're busy getting the servers back on their feet.
"Open Source" is the primary reason why developers consider Cachet over the competitors, whereas "Easy downtime notifications" was stated as the key factor in picking StatusPage.io.
Cachet is an open source tool with 9.87K GitHub stars and 1.14K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Cachet's open source repository on GitHub.
CircleCI, Bitbucket, and Buffer are some of the popular companies that use StatusPage.io, whereas Cachet is used by Playr App, Charityware, and Voicenode. StatusPage.io has a broader approval, being mentioned in 142 company stacks & 8 developers stacks; compared to Cachet, which is listed in 10 company stacks and 3 developer stacks.
What is Cachet?
What is StatusPage.io?
Want advice about which of these to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
What are the cons of using Cachet?
What are the cons of using StatusPage.io?
What tools integrate with Cachet?
Our status page is run by statuspage.io.