Cloud9 IDE vs Codebox: What are the differences?
What is Codebox? Cloud IDE as a Service. FriendCode was created in 2013 with the vision of creating powerful development tools, tackling issues like collaboration, cloud development and many others. We are building Codebox, an open source Cloud IDE, than can run not only on the cloud, but on your desktop or your server as well. Codebox.io lets you host and manage Codebox instances online as a service using a dashboard or an API.
Cloud9 IDE and Codebox belong to "Cloud IDE" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Cloud9 IDE are:
- Real-time collaboration and chat
- Connect via SSH and FTP
- Code Completion (suggestions)
On the other hand, Codebox provides the following key features:
- Unlimited private repositories.- Create a repository and import your code from any existing cloud filesystem.
- Go Social.- Collaborate, chat, share with friends and colleagues. Making coding social
- Build, Run, Debug.- In one click, Compile and Run your code directly on the cloud from your web interface.