CloudAMQP vs Kafka Manager: What are the differences?
CloudAMQP: RabbitMQ as a Service. Fully managed, highly available RabbitMQ servers and clusters, on all major compute platforms; Kafka Manager: A tool for managing Apache Kafka, developed by Yahoo. This interface makes it easier to identify topics which are unevenly distributed across the cluster or have partition leaders unevenly distributed across the cluster. It supports management of multiple clusters, preferred replica election, replica re-assignment, and topic creation. It is also great for getting a quick bird’s eye view of the cluster.
CloudAMQP and Kafka Manager belong to "Message Queue" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by CloudAMQP are:
- Support - 24/7 support, via email, chat and phone.
- Real time metrics and alarms - Get notified in advanced when your queues are growing faster than you're consuming them, when you're servers are over loaded etc. and take action before it becomes a problem.
- Auto-healing - Our monitoring systems automatically detects and fixes a lot of problems such as kernel bugs, auto-restarts, RabbitMQ/Erlang version upgrades etc.
On the other hand, Kafka Manager provides the following key features:
- Manage multiple clusters
- Easy inspection of cluster state (topics, brokers, replica distribution, partition distribution)
- Run preferred replica election
Kafka Manager is an open source tool with 7.55K GitHub stars and 1.84K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Kafka Manager's open source repository on GitHub.
Travis CI, Guaana, and Apartment List are some of the popular companies that use CloudAMQP, whereas Kafka Manager is used by Yahoo!, IgnitionOne, and Ocado Technology. CloudAMQP has a broader approval, being mentioned in 12 company stacks & 5 developers stacks; compared to Kafka Manager, which is listed in 8 company stacks and 5 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
What is CloudAMQP?
What is Kafka Manager?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions