Cloudera Enterprise vs Xplenty: What are the differences?
What is Cloudera Enterprise? Enterprise Platform for Big Data. Cloudera Enterprise includes CDH, the world’s most popular open source Hadoop-based platform, as well as advanced system management and data management tools plus dedicated support and community advocacy from our world-class team of Hadoop developers and experts.
What is Xplenty? Code-free data integration, data transformation and ETL in the cloud. Read and process data from cloud storage sources such as Amazon S3, Rackspace Cloud Files and IBM SoftLayer Object Storage. Once done processing, Xplenty allows you to connect with Amazon Redshift, SAP HANA and Google BigQuery. You can also store processed data back in your favorite relational database, cloud storage or key-value store.
Cloudera Enterprise and Xplenty can be primarily classified as "Big Data as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by Cloudera Enterprise are:
- Unified – one integrated system, bringing diverse users and application workloads to one pool of data on common infrastructure
- no data movement required
- Secure – perimeter security, authentication, granular authorization, and data protection
On the other hand, Xplenty provides the following key features:
- Xplenty provides you with an visual, intuitive interface to design your ETL data flows
- Xplenty lets you integrate data from a variety of data stores, such as Amazon RDS, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server and MongoDB.
- Read and process data from cloud storage sources such as Amazon S3, Rackspace Cloud Files and IBM SoftLayer Object Storage