Codeship vs Semaphore: What are the differences?
Codeship: A Continuous Integration Platform in the cloud. Codeship runs your automated tests and configured deployment when you push to your repository. It takes care of managing and scaling the infrastructure so that you are able to test and release more frequently and get faster feedback for building the product your users need; Semaphore: The continuous integration and delivery platform powering the world’s best engineering teams. Semaphore is the fastest continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) platform on the market, powering the world’s best engineering teams.
Codeship and Semaphore belong to "Continuous Integration" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Codeship are:
- Run you automated tests | Easily set up Codeship with Github or Bitbucket and trigger your automated tests with a simple push to your repository.
- 100 builds & 5 private projects free per month.
- Free for OSS.
On the other hand, Semaphore provides the following key features:
- Docker, Kubernetes, iOS support & 100+ preinstalled Tools
- Customizable Continuous Delivery Pipelines
- Customizable Stages, Parallel Execution and Control Flow Switches
"Simple deployments" is the top reason why over 214 developers like Codeship, while over 19 developers mention "Easy setup" as the leading cause for choosing Semaphore.
Sellsuki, Movielala, and BrightMachine are some of the popular companies that use Codeship, whereas Semaphore is used by CrowdFlower, Lost My Name, and GrowthHackers. Codeship has a broader approval, being mentioned in 278 company stacks & 82 developers stacks; compared to Semaphore, which is listed in 40 company stacks and 17 developer stacks.