Docker Cloud vs Supergiant: What are the differences?
Docker Cloud: A hosted service for Docker container management and deployment. Docker Cloud is the best way to deploy and manage Dockerized applications. Docker Cloud makes it easy for new Docker users to manage and deploy the full spectrum of applications, from single container apps to distributed microservices stacks, to any cloud or on-premises infrastructure; Supergiant: Open Source Infrastructure Autoscaling for Kubernetes. Supergiant is a container management platform built on top of Kubernetes. Supergiant makes it easy to deploy and manage faster, and it reduces hardware expenses. Packing algorithm efficiently matches your overall CPU and RAM needs.
Docker Cloud and Supergiant belong to "Containers as a Service" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Docker Cloud are:
- Simplify Docker Provisioning
- Deploy Apps Anywhere
- Automate Your Developer Workflows
On the other hand, Supergiant provides the following key features:
- Cost Aware Autoscaling Hardware - Supergiant reads container RAM/CPU requests/limits and manages HA hardware nodes to match automatically. Downsizes for most efficient usage.
- Easy Kubernetes Install - Use Supergiant to deploy Kubernetes on multiple clouds in minutes. Use the Supergiant API to streamline production deployment.
- Built for Stateful Apps - Developed by the team at Qbox.io for big data. Run stateful, distributed apps and databases in a reliable HA environment.
Supergiant is an open source tool with 668 GitHub stars and 60 GitHub forks. Here's a link to Supergiant's open source repository on GitHub.
What is Docker Cloud?
What is Supergiant?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
What are the cons of using Docker Cloud?
What are the cons of using Supergiant?
What companies use Supergiant?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
We decided to leverage Docker Cloud for our public facing APIs. This allows us to cleanly scale our nodes & containers without being vendor locked to a specific PaaS.