Draggable JS vs Moon: What are the differences?
What is Draggable JS? A lightweight, responsive, modern drag-and-drop library (by Shopify). Draggable is a modular drag & drop library, allowing you to start small and build up with the features you need. At its most basic, Draggable gives you drag & drop functionality, fast DOM reordering, accessible markup, and a bundle of events to grab on to.
What is Moon? Fast 7k Vue alternative. Moon is a minimal, blazing fast library for building user interfaces. It combines the positive aspects of popular libraries into one small package. It's super lightweight, and includes advanced optimizations to ensure fast render times.
Some of the features offered by Draggable JS are:
- Works with native drag, mouse, touch and force touch events
- Can extend dragging behaviour by hooking into draggables event life cycle
- Can extend drag detection by adding sensors to draggable
On the other hand, Moon provides the following key features:
- 🎉 Small file size (7kb minified + gzip)
- ⚡️ Blazing fast performance
- 🚀 Intuitive, easy-to-learn API
Draggable JS and Moon are both open source tools. It seems that Draggable JS with 13.1K GitHub stars and 688 forks on GitHub has more adoption than Moon with 4.69K GitHub stars and 205 GitHub forks.