EdgeCast vs Incapsula: What are the differences?
What is EdgeCast? The world's fastest and most reliable content delivery network. EdgeCast is a content delivery network (CDN) that helps companies accelerate and deliver static and dynamic content to end users around the world. Major customers include Yahoo!, Tumblr, Pinterest, Wordpress, and Imgur. The company has about 4,500 customers (as of June 2012) and carries about 5% of the world’s internet traffic.
What is Incapsula? Cloud-based service that makes websites safer, faster and more reliable. Through an application-aware, global content delivery network (CDN), Incapsula provides any website and web application with best-of-breed security, DDoS protection, load balancing and failover solutions.
EdgeCast and Incapsula can be categorized as "Content Delivery Network" tools.
Some of the features offered by EdgeCast are:
- Caching- From whole sites to mobile, our acceleration and delivery services will bring you to the world's digital doorstep.
- Application Delivery- Accelerate delivery of your web applications and non-static content.
- Streaming- Flash, Silverlight, or HTTP – live or on-demand, we'll deliver it better than anyone.
On the other hand, Incapsula provides the following key features:
- Website Security and WAF
- Unmatched web application security experience, enhanced by real-time big data analytics, enables Incapsula to provide best-of-breed security to the world's businesses. DDoS Protection
- Combining a robust network backbone and industry-acclaimed traffic inspection solutions, Incapsula provides protection against all application, network, and protocol-based DDoS attacks. CDN
What is EdgeCast?
What is Incapsula?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Why do developers choose EdgeCast?
What are the cons of using EdgeCast?
What are the cons of using Incapsula?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with EdgeCast?
What tools integrate with Incapsula?
I have been using edge cast for approximately 5 years. Their support is nothing short of fantastic.
Their pricing is beyond fair and when you consider them some of the competitors if you are big enough you can negotiate if you are a smaller company Google resellers you will find deals everywhere.
They are the fastest CDN available I have used all the big names and it has all come down to EdgeCast they can do everything I want including allowing me to fix coding issues on clients websites automatically with their ADN application delivery network. By applying Google page speed through the ADN which is a CDN that has Google page speed, accelerates both dynamic and static content along with incredible analytics uptime management and their new DNS with geo-IP makes them a fantastic company to work with.
To everyone that EdgeCast thank you so much for all your help.