Fanout vs Simperium: What are the differences?
What is Fanout? Realtime APIs made simple. Fanout makes it easy to build realtime APIs and apps. The product is a cross between a reverse proxy and a message broker. Receivers subscribe to channels, and published data is delivered in realtime.
What is Simperium? Move data everywhere it's needed, instantly and automatically. Simperium is a new kind of data layer. As your app reads and writes data, Simperium circulates that data everywhere it's needed. You add a Simperium library to your app and initialize it. This library keeps a persistent connection to the Simperium hosted service. The Simperium libraries and service work together to efficiently move data around for your users.
Fanout and Simperium can be categorized as "Realtime Backend / API" tools.
Some of the features offered by Fanout are:
- Reverse proxy -- integrate realtime with any level of your technology stack, not just your front end.
- Interoperable -- Add realtime to any API, no matter your backend or database, without changing any of your existing API contracts.
- Open -- cloud or self hosted, it’s up to you. We don’t believe in vendor lock-in.
On the other hand, Simperium provides the following key features:
- Data transparently moves across mobile, web, and desktop versions of your app
- Your users can read and write data even when they're offline
- Multiple users can collaborate with the same data at the same time