GoDaddy vs Namecheap: What are the differences?
What is GoDaddy? The Web's largest hosting and domain registration provider. Go Daddy makes registering Domain Names fast, simple, and affordable.
What is Namecheap? Cheap Domain Names Registration. We provide a set of DNS servers spread across the US and Europe to deliver highly reliable DNS services to everyone. By choosing Namecheap.com as your domain registrar, you are choosing a highly reputable and reliable partner. Namecheap.com is rated 4.6 out of 5 - Based on 1,395 reviews via Google Checkout.
GoDaddy and Namecheap can be categorized as "Domain Registration" tools.
Some of the features offered by GoDaddy are:
- Private Registration- Keeps your personal information private, protecting you from spam, scams and worse.
- GeoDomainMap Tool- Quickly search for and register all the available domain names for a particular area or region (e.g. CedarRapidsCreativeWriters.com).
- Internationalized Domain Names (IDN)- Register .COM, .NET, .ORG and other popular domain names in any one of over 100 native languages, ranging from Afrikaans to Vietnamese. Search using English or native character sets.
On the other hand, Namecheap provides the following key features:
- URL Forwarding (no-ads)- Redirect your domain visitors to any URL or website of your choice. You can cloak the URL to hide the destination.
- Email Forwarding (no-ads)- Create and redirect @yourdomain.tld email addresses to other email accounts of your choice.
- Reliable DNS servers- Modify record types like A address, MX, MXE, CNAME and TXT in real time and at no extra cost.
"Flexible payment methods for domains " is the primary reason why developers consider GoDaddy over the competitors, whereas "Cheap" was stated as the key factor in picking Namecheap.
According to the StackShare community, Namecheap has a broader approval, being mentioned in 46 company stacks & 35 developers stacks; compared to GoDaddy, which is listed in 47 company stacks and 29 developer stacks.
What is GoDaddy?
What is Namecheap?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Namecheap?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with Namecheap?
Namecheap may not be the CHEAPEST hosting provider (check out GoDaddy's disturbingly cheap shared hosting ) but I would also not consider it expensive. Hosting and domain registration are about $9 a month typically. Considering how high quality Namecheap's products are and how much customer support Namecheap provides, I would honestly expect their prices to be higher. But if you're patient like me and buy your domain and hosting package on Black Friday, you can get a year of registration and hosting for only $2.00!
For someone looking for a hosting provider that is a perfect mixture of budget and features, Namecheap is the one!
Also, I can't stress how great their customer support is. I would say their customer support agents are close to rivalling the support agents at WPEngine, and that's saying a lot because WPEngine is probably one of the most expensive hosting options.
Namecheap is the best domain registrar in the universe, hands down. They provide a solid product (the domain-name blood that keeps us flowing online) at an extremely reasonable price, amazing management tools with a solid UI/UX on the control panel, and the CEO did an AMA on reddit (we love reddit).
We used Namecheap to register https://bookauthority.org
free 1 year .me domain for students; condr.me