Cloud Firestore vs restdb.io: What are the differences?
Developers describe Cloud Firestore as "A New Document Database for Apps". Cloud Firestore is a NoSQL document database that lets you easily store, sync, and query data for your mobile and web apps - at global scale. On the other hand, restdb.io is detailed as "A plug and play database service for the web and beyond". RestDB is a NoSql document oriented database cloud service. Data is accessed as JSON objects via HTTPS. This gives great flexibility, easy system integration and future compatibility.
Cloud Firestore and restdb.io can be primarily classified as "NoSQL Database as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by Cloud Firestore are:
- Documents and collections with powerful querying
- iOS, Android, and Web SDKs with offline data access
- Real-time data synchronization
On the other hand, restdb.io provides the following key features:
- NoSQL + Schema + API
- Rich Data Types, Relations and Hierarchy
- Data Management and Collaboration web app