Google Drive vs Streem: What are the differences?
What is Google Drive? Integrate your app with Google Drive. The Drive SDK gives you a group of APIs along with client libraries, language-specific examples, and documentation to help you develop apps that integrate with Drive The core functionality of Drive apps is to download and upload files in Google Drive. However, the Drive SDK provides a lot more than just storage..
What is Streem? Unlimited Cloud Storage For Your Media. Unlike other cloud storage tools, Streem takes up no space on your computer, but still gives you instant access to your files without any lag. All media on Streem is converted on-the-fly so you can access it seamlessly regardless of the device or bandwidth.
Google Drive and Streem can be primarily classified as "File Storage" tools.
Some of the features offered by Google Drive are:
- Create & collaborate.- In Google Drive, you can create new documents, spreadsheets and presentations instantly. Work together at the same time, on the same doc, and see changes as they appear.
- Work better with the products you use everyday.- Say goodbye to bulky email attachments. Send a link from Google Drive in Gmail and everyone has the same file, same version—automatically. Your pictures in Google Drive are instantly available in Google+, so you’re never more than one click away from sharing with your circles.
- Powerful search.- Google Drive helps you get to your files faster. Search for content by keyword and filter by file type, owner and more. Google Drive can even recognize objects in your images and text in scanned documents.
On the other hand, Streem provides the following key features:
- Truly unlimited cloud storage for $20/month. We're able to do this with our de-duplication, compression, and estimation algorithms to figure out how much the average user will store and store only unique copies of files. Based on our data and analysis, with de-duplication and compression, $20/month is enough to cover the cost of an average users' data storage.
- No space and no syncing required. We don't require users to keep copies of files on their device (unlike Dropbox, Google Drive, and other cloud sync tools). We store a single copy in the cloud and stream the file data down on-demand when it's accessed.
- On-the-fly adaptive bitrate video streaming (Apple HLS). Our video streaming technology is able to dynamically fluctuate the quality of the video stream based on the user's available bandwidth. We also transcode videos on-the-fly, so there are no transcoding wait times and users are able to watch videos instantly after upload, on any device, without having to worry about formats, codecs, quality, resolution, or file size.
What is Google Drive?
What is Streem?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to add, upvote and see more prosMake informed product decisions
What are the cons of using Streem?
What companies use Streem?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with Streem?
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions
We use Nextcloud for company-file-management, personal work-documents and for collaborative work (through collabora), organize our #TODOs, that are not covered by the Bugtracker. Existing solutions either were very expensive ( Google Drive ), missed a lot of features ( Trello ) or were pretty much overloaded with features ( Wekan within Sandstorm ).
That made Nextcloud ud our natural fit for our company management and we're convinced of its integrations and flexibility.
Google Drive would be worthwhile as a service on its own, yet its ability to connect with so many other web applications is simply brilliant. First, connecting additional applications to Google Drive makes it more of an immediate destination when I jump onto the web. Second and even more importantly, it increases the very potential and collaborative uses of these additional applications. Many applications have only been able to realize their true power because of it. Go to the Chrome Web Store on click on the tab dedicated to Google Drive applications. You will be blown away.
I use many online storage services, but Google Drive is the one I'm currently using the most. Especially since their recently announced price decreases, a TB of storage is not very cheap. They also have the best integration across services...if you are a Google services user, which I am. Had some issues recently with large files crashing the desktop app on the Mac, but it seems to have been fixed as I'm not experiencing it anymore.
Google Drive is a file storage and synchronization service developed by Google. Launched on April 24, 2012, Google Drive allows users to store files in the cloud, synchronize files across devices, and share files. In addition to a website, Google Drive offers apps with offline capabilities for Windows and macOS computers, and Android and iOS smartphones and tablets. Google Drive encompasses Google Docs, Sheets and Slides, an office suite that permits collaborative editing of documents, spreadsheets, presentations, drawings, forms, and more. Files created and edited through the office suite are saved in Google Drive.
While the majority of our storage is on our own servers, for documentation and general paperwork, Google Drive's UI outranks anything else we've come across. It just works, and that's the best thing about it.
1.Can store large files safely. 2. Very easy to share. 3. Get access to files anywhere through secure cloud storage and file backup for your photos, videos, files and more with Google Drive.
Google Drive is far by the best & most user-friendly Online storage facility that one can avail They allow 15 GB storage on a free account!!! Also, very fast & easy to handle
Google Drive Spreadsheets is used by BotMakers team as a file exchange service to store incoming chatbot development projects.