imgix vs OpenCV: What are the differences?
imgix: Real-time image resizing service and CDN. imgix is a real-time image processing service and CDN. Resize, crop, and edit images simply by changing their URLs; OpenCV: Open Source Computer Vision Library. OpenCV was designed for computational efficiency and with a strong focus on real-time applications. Written in optimized C/C++, the library can take advantage of multi-core processing. Enabled with OpenCL, it can take advantage of the hardware acceleration of the underlying heterogeneous compute platform.
imgix and OpenCV can be primarily classified as "Image Processing and Management" tools.
Some of the features offered by imgix are:
- Process Images - Resize, crop, and composite multiple images simply by changing their URLs.
- Optimize Images - Change output formats, device-pixel ratios, and chroma subsampling rates.
- Make Images Responsive - Easily integrate imgix into the latest HTML5 responsive image standards without reprocessing your entire image library.
On the other hand, OpenCV provides the following key features:
- C++, C, Python and Java interfaces and supports Windows, Linux, Mac OS, iOS and Android
- More than 47 thousand people of user community and estimated number of downloads exceeding 7 million
- Usage ranges from interactive art, to mines inspection, stitching maps on the web or through advanced robotics
"Image processing on demand" is the primary reason why developers consider imgix over the competitors, whereas "Computer Vision" was stated as the key factor in picking OpenCV.
OpenCV is an open source tool with 36.3K GitHub stars and 26.6K GitHub forks. Here's a link to OpenCV's open source repository on GitHub.
Lensley, Athento, and Suggestic are some of the popular companies that use OpenCV, whereas imgix is used by Coursera, Product Hunt, and Zillow. OpenCV has a broader approval, being mentioned in 39 company stacks & 39 developers stacks; compared to imgix, which is listed in 55 company stacks and 6 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
What is imgix?
What is OpenCV?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions