imgix vs scikit-image: What are the differences?
imgix: Real-time image resizing service and CDN. imgix is a real-time image processing service and CDN. Resize, crop, and edit images simply by changing their URLs; scikit-image: Image processing in Python. scikit-image is a collection of algorithms for image processing.
imgix and scikit-image can be primarily classified as "Image Processing and Management" tools.
Some of the features offered by imgix are:
- Process Images - Resize, crop, and composite multiple images simply by changing their URLs.
- Optimize Images - Change output formats, device-pixel ratios, and chroma subsampling rates.
- Make Images Responsive - Easily integrate imgix into the latest HTML5 responsive image standards without reprocessing your entire image library.
On the other hand, scikit-image provides the following key features:
- Provides I/O, filtering, morphology, transformations, measurement, annotation, color conversions, test data sets, etc.
- Written in Python with a well-commented source code
- Has had 5,709 commits made by 116 contributors representing 29,953 lines of code
"Image processing on demand" is the top reason why over 23 developers like imgix, while over 5 developers mention "More powerful" as the leading cause for choosing scikit-image.
scikit-image is an open source tool with 3.1K GitHub stars and 1.31K GitHub forks. Here's a link to scikit-image's open source repository on GitHub.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
What is imgix?
What is scikit-image?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions