imgix vs scikit-image: What are the differences?
imgix: Real-time image resizing service and CDN. imgix is a real-time image processing service and CDN. Resize, crop, and edit images simply by changing their URLs; scikit-image: Image processing in Python. scikit-image is a collection of algorithms for image processing.
imgix and scikit-image can be primarily classified as "Image Processing and Management" tools.
Some of the features offered by imgix are:
- Process Images - Resize, crop, and composite multiple images simply by changing their URLs.
- Optimize Images - Change output formats, device-pixel ratios, and chroma subsampling rates.
- Make Images Responsive - Easily integrate imgix into the latest HTML5 responsive image standards without reprocessing your entire image library.
On the other hand, scikit-image provides the following key features:
- Provides I/O, filtering, morphology, transformations, measurement, annotation, color conversions, test data sets, etc.
- Written in Python with a well-commented source code
- Has had 5,709 commits made by 116 contributors representing 29,953 lines of code
"Image processing on demand" is the top reason why over 23 developers like imgix, while over 5 developers mention "More powerful" as the leading cause for choosing scikit-image.
scikit-image is an open source tool with 3.1K GitHub stars and 1.31K GitHub forks. Here's a link to scikit-image's open source repository on GitHub.